NKF TRAINING SDN. BHD.
(HRDF Registered Training Provider)
on behalf of
National Kidney Foundation (NKF) of Malaysia
Presents a two-day workshop
Infection Prevention is a responsibility of everyone involved with the dialysis treatment process. Chronic haemodialysis patients are at high risk for infection because the process of haemodialysis requires vascular access for prolonged periods. In an environment where multiple patients receive dialysis concurrently, repeated opportunities exist for person-to-person transmission of infectious agents, directly or indirectly via contaminated devices, equipment and supplies, environmental surfaces, or hands of personnel. Furthermore, haemodialysis patients are immunosuppressed, which increases their susceptibility to infection, and they require frequent hospitalizations and surgery, which increases their opportunities for exposure to nosocomial infections. Bacterial infections, especially those involving vascular access, are the most frequent infectious complications of haemodialysis and a major cause of morbidity and mortality among haemodialysis patients. Thus, all healthcare workers need to take the responsibility of Infection Prevention in their dialysis centers today.
Who Should Attend
Staff Nurses, Dialysis Assistants, Administrative Assistants, Assistant Medical Officers, Dialysis Centre Managers, Medical Staff
Date, Time & Venue:
23 & 24 November 2019 (Saturday & Sunday)
9.00 am – 5.00 pm
National Kidney Foundation of Malaysia Training Centre,
C23-03, Block C, 3-Two Square,
No. 2, Jalan 19/1, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
At the end of the 2-day workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand Infection Prevention as a whole in dialysis center
2. Able to implement the best Infection Control Practices based on the latest guidelines and recommendation
3. Able to enhance staff safety standards at their own dialysis facility
4. Able to take lead in best practices of Infection Prevention
5. Understand the local MOH guidelines and enforce stricter compliance in the dialysis center
• Introduction to the workshop
• Breaking the chain of Infection
• Importance of hand hygiene in healthcare
• Principles of Standard Precaution
• Personal Protective Equipment – How it will protect you
• Occupational Safety: Sharp Injury, Body Fluid Exposure risk in Dialysis and Immunization
• Catheter Related Blood Stream Infection
• How compliant are you with Single Use Policy?
• Blood Borne Infection in Dialysis Unit
• Injection Safety
• Infection Outbreak in Dialysis unit- What we can learn from others?
• Involvement of patients in Infection Prevention
Ms. Harpreet Kaur is a qualified Infection Preventionist with more than 8 years of experience in the healthcare industry. She holds a Nursing Degree and Post Basic in Infection Control. She is the founder of Infection Control Consulting & Services (ICCS) Malaysia which was established in 2015. It is the FIRST and ONLY consulting company in Malaysia that emphasizes on Infection Prevention and occupational safety by providing various services such as consultation, training and education, audits and quality improvement strategies. ICCS’s vision is to create awareness in Malaysia on the importance of Infection Prevention in all healthcare and ambulatory settings.
To register, please fill up the registration form and then email to us OR fax it to 03-7960 2359
Certificate of completion will be awarded for those who complete the course
Due Date : 15 November 2019
LIMITED SEATS ONLY. RESERVE YOUR SEATS NOW!