NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION OF MALAYSIA (“NKF”), respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to any of NKF’s associates and affiliates and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies representing by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
1. The Personal Data about you may include information such as your photograph, name, contact details, address, national registration identity card number or passport number, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, occupation or profession, employer’s details, date of birth, email address, marital status, spouse’s details, children’s details, referee’s details, age, income, salutation, sociological and/ or lifestyle data including but not limited to car registration details, previous employer’s details, introducer’s details, property details and financial details.
2. Personal Data shall also include “sensitive personal data” consisting of medical information relating to the physical or mental health or condition of a data owner, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of asimilar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence.
3. Your Personal Data are collected from various sources including but not limited to information received:
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. By providing any of your Personal Data to NKF you hereby agree that NKF shall collect, retain and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
2. We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
1. Your Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential but you agree that NKF may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst any of its associates and affiliates and/ or to third parties as may be necessary or appropriate including but not limited to NKF’s:
D. PERSONAL DATA GIVEN BY YOU
1. You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons and/ or companies represented by you for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
1. Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the NKF offices or stored in server located in Malaysia and operated by the NKF or its service and product providers in Malaysia.
2. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by NKF as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/ or accounting requirements or to protect NKF’s interest.
3. NKF does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by NKF.
1. Personal Data held by NKF will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
2. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in NKF’s Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to NKF on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
3. NKF reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/ or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
G. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
1. NKF uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
2. For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while NKF strives to protect such Personal Data, NKF cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to NKF and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into NKF’s possession, NKF will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
H. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
1. Under the Act, you have the right to access to your Personal Data held by NKF on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that NKF correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
2. If you have any question regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to NKF for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address:
Address: No. 70, Jalan 14/29, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Person in charge: Human Resource Department, NKF
Tel No.: +063-79549048 / 0535
3. Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, NKF may still process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
4. NKF reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
I. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
1. NKF reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. NKF advises that you check this Privacy Notice on our NKF’s website on a regular basis.