1. Patient Dialysis Welfare Subsidy – Under this subsidy, patients are assisted with an additional RM 50/- per dialysis treatment for a period of 5 months while waiting for the approval of their application for the Ministry of Health haemodialysis subsidy scheme. This means the patients pay only RM 40/- per dialysis at NKF.
2. Hardcore Poor Subsidy – Under this subsidy, hardcore poor patients are assisted with an additional RM 90/- per dialysis treatment. This means the patients do not pay any dialysis fee and are accorded free dialysis treatment at NKF.
3. Patient Transport Subsidy – Under this subsidy, poor patients are assisted with the payment of transport for their dialysis treatment. This is to reduce the financial and social aspects of the transport burden and ensure treatment compliance.
4. Patient Vascular Access Subsidy – Under this subsidy, poor patients are assisted with the payment for the creation of a new or repair of arteriovenous fistula (AVF), or arteriovenous graft (AVG), and venoplasty or fistulaplasty in government or private hospitals as recommended by NKF’s consultant nephrologists. This subsidy is to facilitate the patients receiving quality care and dialysis adequacy at NKF. At times, it is for the re-insertion of the cuffed catheter and non-cuffed catheter.
5. Patient Relief Subsidy – Under this subsidy, poor patients who have multiple health problems and other complications are assisted with the payment of various medications which they need but cannot afford, including therapeutic nutrition. It can also be used for the payment of ambulance fees, hospitalization/treatment/ surgeries, and other medical and social emergencies.
6. Children’s Education Aid – Various organisations and individuals help NKF to provide educational aid to patients’ school-going children, especially at the end of each year in preparation for the new academic year.
Note: Application for the above subsidies must be made through the Centre Managers/Staff Nurses In–Charge of NKF’s Dialysis Centres.